Co-owner, Personal Trainer & Reiki Practioner
Hi there, I’m Wesley Williamson, Owner and Co-Founder at Elevate Training, Health and Wellness.
Born and raised in South Africa I have always had a true passion and desire for the Health and fitness Industry. After graduating in England in 1998, I worked hard on dedicating my time to help people live a healthy lifestyle. Once I became a Certified Personal Trainer in 1999, I knew that fitness was going to be my life.
In 2001 i joined Nuffield Health, one of the leading not-for-profit UK healthcare organisations, who run network of hospitals, medical clinics, fitness and well being clubs and diagnostic units across the UK. Working as a master trainer and mentor, my focus was to teach and make a difference in people’s lives. By 2009 I was running my own flagship location in London as the General Manager, working with over 2000 clients and mentoring over 200 employees.
In 2011 I decided to expand my knowledge and experience and move to beautiful Vancouver. With the launch of Elevate in 2015, I had finally found a way to live my mission of unleashing people’s potential every single day, and more importantly to be able to work with those who need me most.
What Elevate’s me
I truly love being around people. Over the last 18 years, I have really enjoyed helping my clients and close friends achieve their personal fitness goals. I love working with beginners to professional athletes and I can honestly say there is nothing more rewarding then helping my clients get back into shape, lose that extra weight or just simply feel better about themselves again. I have an extensive range of experience and knowledge when it comes to most injuries such as knees, shoulders and hips. Why do i know so much about injuries? Because like most of my clients, I have had to deal with those types of injuries in the past myself.
Some would say it’s simple but I stand by it. “Believe it and you will achieve it”
My Qualifications and experience
- Advanced Instruction & Personal Training Coach:
- YMCA Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Experienced Sports-specific Training coach for 10 years (helping clients improve all round performance) including swimmers and marathon runners.
- NVQ Level 2 in Exercise and Music: Spin, circuit training and step aerobics certified.
- 10 years experience in all areas of group fitness classes
- 12 years experience as a Personal Trainer and have worked with all fitness backgrounds.
- 3 Years in the Elite British forces
- Trained the New Zealand bobsled team in Whistler and was very fortunate enough to work with a few young potential Olympic athletes from 2012 to 2014.
Diploma in combined Services: Have worked with the Military and have experience training for the Army, Navy, Police, Fire and Air Force.
- Sports development & Training Coach
- Strength and Endurance Coach
- Weight Training & Body Conditioning
- Running & Marathon Training
- Weight Loss Coach
- Weight Management Counselor
- Body Building Coach
How can I help you
No matter how big or small your goals may be, I will do my absolute best to help you reach them.
I look forward to working with you soon.
Wesley Williamson – Owner and Personal Trainer at Elevate